Olympic fever is running high in London and what could be a better way to enjoy this great event than relish these delicious eggless chocolate brownies. They are an absolute divine and I love to have these with a hot cup of tea/coffee…
1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter/oil
100gms dark chocolate (with 70 percent cocoa)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
½ cup milk
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Heat a pan and add the butter. Keep the pan on very low flame and let the butter melt. Once that is done add the dark chocolate cubes and mix nicely for 2-3 minutes so that the chocolate and butter blend together.
2. Now take a mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients – Salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar and Flour. Mix it well.
3. Now mix the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the batter and using the cut and fold method blend nicely. Add milk to the batter as and when required to make it smooth. Do not add any water. You will see bubbles getting formed which means the batter is ready to be baked.
4. Take a Cake Baking tray/pan and grease it with oil/butter. Sprinkle some plain flour all over it.
5. Now pour the batter into the baking tray and place it in a preheated oven for 40minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Check if the cake has baked nicely by pricking a toothpick inside it. If the toothpick comes clean, the cake is ready. Let the Cake cool for another 15 minutes.
7. Place the Baking tray upside down in a plate to remove the cake. Cut into equal square shaped pieces and serve your brownies warm with a hot cup of tea/coffee.